[GENERAL] londiste3: removing a node that does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Willy-Bas Loos
Subject [GENERAL] londiste3: removing a node that does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm using londiste3 for replication in postgres 9.3
I made a typo when registering a consumer and I changed the name of that consumer during the creation process.

I now have a non-functional node in the producer database, that is mongering historical data.
I have tried to use londiste <config> drop-node <node>, but i get this error:
ERROR get_node_database: cannot resolve <node>

That is correct, but i still want to remove it.

I also tried tag-dead, which gives me no error but also has no noticeable effect.

The node is mentioned in the output of the db function pgq.get_consumer_info(), but not in the output of londiste <config-file> status nor londiste <config-file> members.

There seems to be surplus data in these tables, in descending volume: pgq.event_1_2, pgq.event_1_2_txid_idx, pgq.tick, pgq.event_1_1, pgq.tick_pkey, pgq.event_1_0

Does anyone know of a method to get rid of the bad node and the data that it is gathering?

Also, it seems like londiste is slowly dying. At least the documentation is still very scarce and the mailing list is pretty much dead. I know that microsoft bought skype, and it seems like londiste has been receiving less love since then. Is everyone abandoning londiste for a new thing?

Cheers,
--
Willy-Bas Loos