Re: PostgreSQL License - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashkar Dev
Subject Re: PostgreSQL License
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you all,
but it is saying (without fee)
if I create a database with it to work with Web Application if want to sell it so the buyer must have the PostgreSQL installed in his device to work offline right?
"Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written agreement is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies."

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 11:18 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
Please don't cross-post your question to more than one list!

Ashkar Dev wrote:
> Can anyone explain the PostgreSQL License to me?
> Can I create a database with it and sell the database also preventing
> the buyer from reselling it?
> Can I change in the logos of the PostgreSQL system and its name?

Yes.

You only have to make sure that the original license text is included
in your license.  This does not limit what you are allowed to do with
the software.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe