bi-directional syncing help request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paula Kirsch
Subject bi-directional syncing help request
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi. I'm looking for suggestions for the best solution to the following situation.

I have a database roughly 300 meg with 30 tables.

For fieldwork, a copy is running on my mac laptop where I can pull up information and add new entries.

The data analysis and further development is done back at the office on a copy running on a linux server.

The development and analysis work often generates corrections on the field data input and occasionally results in schema changes.

As a result, the situation is bi-directional, so not a master-slave replication situation and I'm not a professional dba. It is my personal research data, so I don't have to worry about other users.

My question is whether there is any recommended best practice for bi-directional syncing (schema changes would only be one direction, but data entries could flow both ways)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(I have also posted this question to pgsql-admin)

Paula