Re: [ADMIN] Upgrade master/slave: rsync? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Don Seiler
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Upgrade master/slave: rsync?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
On these mailing lists, we really prefer it if people wouldn't
"top-post", instead add your comments in-line and eliminate text that
isn't relevant.

Sorry, I've tried to reply in-line in my previous replies to the pgsql lists but sometimes I forget. Mea culpa.

Yes, it's much more efficient, but I strongly recommend taking a backup
as close to before the upgrade as possible, being extremely careful
throughout the process, plan for a good bit of time above what the
actual commands take to run, and make sure that you have *tested* your
backup and *restore* process well and have strong confidence in it.

All good advice, thanks again!

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us