Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make fast promotion the default promotion mode. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make fast promotion the default promotion mode.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Make fast promotion the default promotion mode.
> Continue to allow a request for synchronous
> checkpoints as a mechanism in case of problems.

Is there clean way to request synchronous checkpoint at the standby promotion?
I'm sure that we can do that by creating the file "promote" and
sending the SIGUSR1
signal to the postmaster. Or by using previous version of pg_ctl.
These are not clean
and would confuse users.

Regards,

--