Re: Remastering using streaming only replication? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Remastering using streaming only replication?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Fujii,
>
> I haven't really been following your latest patches about taking backups
> from the standby and cascading replication, but I wanted to see if it
> fulfills another TODO: the ability to "remaster" (that is, designate the
> "lead standby" as the new master) without needing to copy WAL files.

Sorry, I could not follow you. I believe that we can "remaster" even in 9.1.
When the master crashes, we can choose the "lead standby" by comparing
each standby replay location, and can promote it by pg_ctl promote.

What "remaster" feature are you expecting we should develop in 9.2?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center