Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Fujii,
>
> Wait, are you telling me that we *still* can't remaster from streaming replication?

What's the "remaster"?

> And: if we still have to ship logs, what's the point in even having cascading replication?

At least cascading replication (1) allows you to adopt more flexible
configuration of servers,
(2) reduces the number of standby servers which directly connect to
the master, which
reduces the overhead of the master, and (3) provides the
infrastructure of standby-only
base backup feature.

Regards,

--