reaper should restart archiver even on standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject reaper should restart archiver even on standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

When the archiver exits, currently reaper() restarts it only while
the postmaster state is PM_RUN. This is OK in 9.4 or before because
the archiver could be running on that state. But in 9.5, we can set
archive_mode to "always" and start the archiver even on the standby.
So I think that reaper() should restart the archiver even when
the postmaster state is PM_RECOVERY or PM_HOT_STANDBY with
some conditions. Patch attached.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao