Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em qua, 20 de mar de 2019 às 14:22, Fred .Flintstone
<eldmannen@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Even just creating symlinks would be a welcome change.
> So the real binary is pg_foo and foo is a symoblic link that points to pg_foo.
> Then at least I can type pg_<tab> and use tab auto-completion to find
> everything related to PostgreSQL.

There are Postgres binaries that do not start with 'pg_' (for example,
pgbench and ecpg) and do not confuse newbies or conflict with OS
binary names.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/