Re: Issues with PG15beta3 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Didier Michel
Subject Re: Issues with PG15beta3
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Thank you for your feedback.

I found this on zstd code that also help a lot:
On older versions of libzstd, this option does not exist, and
trying to set it will fail. Similarly for newer versions if they
are compiled without threading support

So I will check (not sure yet how ) if zstd packaged in ubuntu Jammy is compiled with threading support.

Thank you again for your help and time.
Didier

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 11:06 AM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Didier Michel
> Sorry, I did not include previous message:
> With focal and Jammy, pg_basebackup returns another error when I try to use
> several workers (ie "--compress=zstd:level=5,workers=2")
>
> pg_basebackup: checkpoint completed
> pg_basebackup: error: could not set compression worker count to 2:
> Unsupported parameter

Try without the workers part? I guess that needs a yet newer zstd
version.

Christoph