Re: Regarding query minimizer (simplifier) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jinho Jung
Subject Re: Regarding query minimizer (simplifier)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Order is reversed.

1.sql
9.4.19: 20ms
10.5   : 1,227ms

4.sql
9.4.19: 13ms
10.5   : 88,721ms

20.sql
9.4.19: 271ms
10.5   : 6,104ms

22.sql
9.4.19: 8ms
10.5   : 105ms

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 3:15 PM Jinho Jung <visusee@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

We appreciate you taking time for test! When we do more evaluation, we noticed that the previously attached query made regression only on DBs that we installed from APT manager (i.e., apt-get command) not on DBs that we built from the source code. But we also confirmed that there are many cases that cause regression to all DBs (installed from APT and build from source code)

Hope you can also test these queries too. These are the execution time on our machine.

1.sql
10.5  : 20ms
9.4.19: 1,227ms

4.sql