Re: Difference options with the CREATE ROLE docs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: Difference options with the CREATE ROLE docs
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 08:19, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

This page says that "CREATE GROUP is now an alias for CREATE ROLE.",
But when u check the CREATE ROLE, u see they have different options,
I don't know if this is on purpose or not, But if it's just an alias, then
they should have the same options
If it's not the "exact same", then I guess there should be some explanations
about it

It seems an oversight. I'm attaching patches to fix it in all supported branches. v11 can be applied cleanly to v12/master.

Regards,

--
Euler Taveira                 http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
Attachment