Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ertan Küçükoglu
Subject Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>, 22 Tem 2024 Pzt, 17:49 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
Provide the following info:

1) Linux distro and version.

2) How did you install Postgres?

3) Versions of Postgres that was dumped from and restored to.

4) How did you initdb the Postgres cluster?

5) Can you connect to cluster using psql?

1- Debian 12.6
2- apt install postgresql-16 (from postgresql.org directly)
3- Dumped from version 16.3 on Windows and restore tried on 16.3 on Linux Debian
4- apt install did the initialization. Locale is en-US.UTF8
5- Before my restore trial yes. After a restore trial, the cluster was broken. I had to uninstall PostgreSQL and reinstall again. I have access to the cluster now.

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan