Re: Fixes for two separate bugs in nbtree VACUUM's page deletion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Fixes for two separate bugs in nbtree VACUUM's page deletion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:02 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I would like to backpatch both patches to all branches that have
> commit 857f9c36cda -- v11, v12, and master. The second issue isn't
> serious, but it seems worth keeping v11+ in sync in this area. Note
> that any backpatch theoretically creates an ABI break for callers of
> the _bt_pagedel() function.

I plan to commit both fixes, while backpatching to v11, v12 and the
master branch on Friday -- barring objections.

I'm almost sure that the ABI thing is a non-issue, but it would be
nice to get that seconded.

--
Peter Geoghegan