Re: an OID >= 8000 in master - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: an OID >= 8000 in master
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 5:44 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I happened to find that the commit 71dcd74 added the function
> "network_sortsupport" with OID = 8190. Is it right?  Otherwise we
> should we move it to, say, 4035.
>
> (I understand that OID [8000, 9999] are development-use.)

I committed this patch using an OID in that range intentionally.
Commit a6417078 established a new project policy around OID
assignment. It will be renumbered at the end of the release cycle.

The unused_oids script will now actively suggest that patch authors
use a particular random OID from this range, so this will probably be
very common soon.

--
Peter Geoghegan