Re: BUG #16624: Query Optimizer - Performance bug related to predicate simplification - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #16624: Query Optimizer - Performance bug related to predicate simplification
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 7:44 PM Xinyu Liu <xinyuliu@umich.edu> wrote:
> Thank you so much for the helpful discussion!

You're welcome. Also, I hope that my remarks were not discouraging in
a general way.

I think that people from academic institutions sometimes don't have
the practical context that is available to practitioners. Having a
sense of the pressures that caused the system to develop (or not
develop) in a certain direction is crucially important. I was blunt
because I thought it was the most helpful way of communicating my
message.

--
Peter Geoghegan