Re: BUG #16768: PostgreSQL 12.5 - INSERT ON CONFLICT succeeds on data INSERT but does nothing on UPDATE - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #16768: PostgreSQL 12.5 - INSERT ON CONFLICT succeeds on data INSERT but does nothing on UPDATE
Date
In response to Re: BUG #16768: PostgreSQL 12.5 - INSERT ON CONFLICT succeeds on data INSERT but does nothing on UPDATE  (QA Collective <theqacollective@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 6:25 PM QA Collective <theqacollective@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Peter.  If this is the case, what would be the reason for this functionality having 'changed'
overthe past week or so?

I find it hard to believe that this is working as documented now, but
for some unknown reason used to work some other way (which is contrary
to documented behavior/broken, and yet something that you came to rely
on).

Don't you think it's more likely that you're simply mistaken in some way?

--
Peter Geoghegan