Re: pgsql: Add reusable routine for making arrays unique. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add reusable routine for making arrays unique.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 8:03 PM Thomas Munro <tmunro@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Add reusable routine for making arrays unique.

I noticed that some of the copyright notices added by this commit look
like this:

+ * Portions Copyright (c) 2019, PostgreSQL Global Development Group

Shouldn't this simply read "Copyright (c) 2019 ..."? We're not sharing
the Copyright with Regents of the University of California, or anyone
else, so there it is not just a portion.

It would be nice to have some general guidance on copyright notices in
new files. I usually just copy what I see in nearby files, but that
doesn't seem particularly principled.

--
Peter Geoghegan