Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 10:05 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I don't think they're actually that comparable. One shows how much
> relfrozenxid advanced, to a large degree influenced by the time between
> aggressive (or "unintentionally aggressive") vacuums.

It matters more in the extreme cases. The most recent possible value
for our new relfrozenxid is OldestXmin/removable cutoff. So when
something holds back OldestXmin, it also holds back new relfrozenxid
values.

> The other shows
> the age of OldestXmin at the end of the vacuum. Which is influenced by
> what's currently running.

As well as the age of OldestXmin at the start of VACUUM.

--
Peter Geoghegan