Re: Triage on old commitfest entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Triage on old commitfest entries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 7:45 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It sounds like Peter is willing to take point on the executor end
> of things (b-tree in particular).  If he can explain what a reasonable
> cost model would look like, I'm willing to see about making that happen
> in the planner.

I would be happy to work with you on this. It's clearly an important project.

Having you involved with the core planner aspects (as well as general
design questions) significantly derisks everything. That's *very*
valuable to me.

--
Peter Geoghegan