Re: Duplicating website's formatting in local doc builds - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Duplicating website's formatting in local doc builds
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:40 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Anyway, attached is a first attempt at a patch. I tried a few different
> variations but in my quick review of it, I could not figure out how to
> make a XSLT respect having multiple stylesheets (likely due to my lack
> of familiarity with XSLT).

I tried this patch out. The alignment is a little off, since the docs
don't appear in the website's frame, and lack the website's header. It
would be nice if the same margins appeared to the left and to the
right. But even still, it's a vast improvement.

There are a couple of inconsistencies in the tables and diagrams that
appear on this documentation page (on my local build that uses your
patch):

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/storage-page-layout.html

The tables look different, which isn't too bad. The "Figure 68.1. Page
Layout" diagram is massive, though. IIRC was an issue that had to be
addressed on the website a little after the introduction of images
into the docs. It seems as if my local build of the docs needs that
same fix.

--
Peter Geoghegan