Re: Reducing the WAL overhead of freezing in VACUUM by deduplicating per-tuple freeze plans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Reducing the WAL overhead of freezing in VACUUM by deduplicating per-tuple freeze plans
Date
Re: Reducing the WAL overhead of freezing in VACUUM by deduplicating per-tuple freeze plans
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 2:01 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I'd like to talk about one such technique on this thread. The attached
> WIP patch reduces the size of xl_heap_freeze_page records by applying
> a simple deduplication process.

Attached is v2, which I'm just posting to keep CFTester happy. No real
changes here.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment