Re: BUG #17652: Performance degradation after migrating from v13.4 to v14.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #17652: Performance degradation after migrating from v13.4 to v14.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 1:12 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> The reason you're seeing this in 14 is likely the following entry in the
> release notes:
>
> > Allow GiST/GIN pg_trgm indexes to do equality lookups (Julien Rouhaud)
> > This is similar to LIKE except no wildcards are honored.
>
> CCed author/committer of that change. I suspect this would need proper costing
> to not be inadvertently be used.

I am reminded of this recent thread:

https://postgr.es/m/3188617.44csPzL39Z@aivenronan

(Perhaps you were thinking of the same thing already, but thought I'd
mention it, just in case.)
--
Peter Geoghegan