Re: BUG #15309: ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid760676 when max_parallel_maintenance_workers > 0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #15309: ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid760676 when max_parallel_maintenance_workers > 0
Date
In response to Re: BUG #15309: ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 760676 when max_parallel_maintenance_workers > 0  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 3:18 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Apparently there are people out there with catalogs big enough
> to justify parallel reindex.  I don't mind if the first version of
> the feature doesn't handle that, but probably we should make it work
> eventually.

Okay. I'll pursue this in HEAD.

> Well, maybe, but why is that field particularly vulnerable?  I'd think you
> should crosscheck the index's relfilenode too, at least, if you're going
> to worry about that.

I agree.

I'd like to hear more opinions on the general idea. I'm particularly
interested in what Robert thinks.

--
Peter Geoghegan