Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] amcheck packages - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] amcheck packages
Date
Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] amcheck packages  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
> Perfect, thanks!

One last thing: I have a pending feature branch for version 1.1, which
adds the heap verification enhancement I mentioned:

https://github.com/petergeoghegan/amcheck/tree/heap-check

I'm probably 2 - 3 weeks away from committing this to the master
branch, and creating a new package/amcheck_next version from there.
I'm holding back for a bit more community review, to play it safe, but
I want to move forward without much further delay.

So, possibly stupid question: Is there any etiquette around waiting a
period of time before releasing a new version, with enhanced
functionality (not a bugfix)? Work on this enhancement has actually
been underway for several months now, and I think it's fair to say
that it's high quality code. I'm slightly concerned about not
violating some unspoken rule about pushing out new functionality too
soon, though. (I'm certainly not planning on adding many future
enhancements to amcheck_next, if that matters.)

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan