Re: New strategies for freezing, advancing relfrozenxid early - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: New strategies for freezing, advancing relfrozenxid early
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 8:12 PM John Naylor
<john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> That was followed by several paragraphs that never got around to explaining why table size should drive freezing
strategy.

You were talking about the system level view of freeze debt, and how
the table view might not be a sufficient proxy for that. What does
that have to do with anything that we've discussed on this thread
recently?

> Review is a feedback mechanism alerting the patch author to possible problems. Listening to feedback is like vacuum,
ina way: If it hurts, you're not doing it enough.

An elegant analogy.

--
Peter Geoghegan