Re: pg_waldump/heapdesc.c and struct field names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pg_waldump/heapdesc.c and struct field names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 1:12 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I personally mildly prefer remxid - anything that is understandable but
> shortens the line length is good for my uses of waldump.

I want to use latestRemovedXid here because it is quite recognizable
to me as a symbol name. It appears as a symbol name 84 times, across
many files in several distinct areas. Whereas remxid means nothing to
me unless I go look it up, which is not ideal.

--
Peter Geoghegan