Re: Stonebraker's Turing award - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From julyanto SUTANDANG
Subject Re: Stonebraker's Turing award
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

1+ for Elein,

That would be a great thing.

Regards,

Julyanto Sutandang
Equnix Business Solutions, PT
Pusat Niaga ITC Roxy Mas C2/42
www.equnix.co.id
an open source and open mind company

On Jun 20, 2015 10:09 AM, "Elein" <elein@varlena.com> wrote:

I had the opportunity to speak to Michael Stonebraker at his Turing award reception at UCBerkeley.

I took the opportunity to thank him and congratulate him on behalf of PostgreSQL Advocacy. I reminded him of our great core members, committers, developers and users. And that we have a huge world-wide community. And that many if us have good work due to the existence of postgres.

I believe he appreciated our success and continuity and work very much.

I hope I did not overstep by speaking on behalf of all of us.

Most of the guests and toasts were from UCB professors and former students and former Ingres and Illustra people. Although I am in most of those groups, I felt that an acknowledgement to PostgreSQL was called for.

Elein Mustain
elein@varlena.com
510-637-9106