Re: 9.6 Release: Call for Quotes - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From julyanto SUTANDANG
Subject Re: 9.6 Release: Call for Quotes
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Josh, et all.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 6:00 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 08/29/2016 12:40 PM, julyanto SUTANDANG wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> This is my proposed Quotes, related to the RAS term describe as
> Reliability (contained Security, Stability and Performance),
> Availability and Scalability.
>
> "PostgreSQL 9.6 has the most awaited feature since RDBMS has invented!
> Paralel Query, its increase your *Reliability*.
> Better Synchronous Replication ensure your *Availability*. And Bigtable
> Manipulation advances capacity for *Scalability*"

Two requests:

1. Please give me the quote in Indonesian as well, and I'll work on the
English translation.

OK, i will change the quote so as to avoid some confusion, in Indonesian, go to point 2.

2. Can I have a quote which just focuses on either the Synchronous
Replication, or postgres_FDW?  Do you have plans to use these?  Thanks!
We always implement Binary Synchronous Replication in most of our clients actually, some of them added High Availability feature on OS level,
Indeed there are some requirement for having both updated in the same time, but that would not really used as such realtime access on both server, usually the Replica is used for Reporting Only.
And Postgres_FDW is beatiful, that enable us to have smooth migration, we are not really using this right now. we use some for exchange text and table easily using FDW for CSV.

So, here come my revise quote:
PostgreSQL 9.6 telah memberikan keuntungan yang besar untuk dunia bisnis!
Fitur yang sangat ditunggu-tunggu, seperti:
1. Parallel Query untuk fungsi pengelompokan (aggregate function) memberikan peningkatan performa yang signifikan.
2. Interoperabilitas antara tipe database yang lebih baik, mendukung REMOTE JOIN, UPDATE, dan DELETE.
3. FULL TEXT SEARCH mendukung frasa, meningkatkan kemudahan dalam pencarian teks.

Well, sorry if that is not really fit :)

Thanks and Regards,

Jul.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS