Re: Bullseye 10 and 11 servers packages - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Aaron Pavely
Subject Re: Bullseye 10 and 11 servers packages
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 1:29 PM Laurent Arnoud <laurent.arnoud@platform.sh> wrote:
Hi,

I'm working at platform.sh and we are using your Debian packages for all versions. We are trying to update to bullseye, but currently the 10 and 11 servers are missing from this repository. I can see that there are builds successfully on your jenkins [10](https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/postgresql-10-binaries/architecture=amd64,distribution=bullseye/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/) [11](https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/postgresql-11-binaries/architecture=amd64,distribution=bullseye/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/)

Are these debs not intended to be included in the public repos, or can we find them published elsewhere?

Thanks,
Laurent

Are you using the 'main' component in your 'sources.list', or are you selecting specifically '10' and/or '11'?

Correct:

Incorrect:

The incorrect form is valid if you wish to use the libpq from a prior major release, as detailed here:

While I don't use bullseye, it's easy to check if the package is referenced in the repository (note the 'main' in the path):
$ curl -s https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/bullseye-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages | sed -n '/^Package: postgresql-10$/,/^$/p' | head -n 5
Package: postgresql-10
Version: 10.21-1.pgdg110+1
Architecture: amd64