Re: Replicate Tables from SAP (DB2/HANA) to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bricklen
Subject Re: Replicate Tables from SAP (DB2/HANA) to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 11:31 PM Thomas Güttler <guettliml@thomas-guettler.de> wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to replicate some tables from SAP to PostgreSQL?
At the moment there are two underlaying database systems.
Some run DB2 and some run SAP-HANA.
In my case it would be nice, if it would be possible to replicate
only some rows, not all.

The replication should be unidirectional. The data in PostgreSQL
is only needed for reading, not for inserts/updates.

My team is about to start a proof-of-concept doing the same thing, except it's a large MSSQL to PG11 replication process. The tool we are evaluating is from https://www.hvr-software.com/solutions/database-replication/, and the demos looked pretty good (at least, for our use-case). You didn't mention if you're looking for free or paid software; HVR is not free so that may or may not fit your needs.