Re: Production Database requirement - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Francis Santiago
Subject Re: Production Database requirement
Date
List pgsql-admin

Hello All,
Can anyone please let me know

1. What is the hardware and software  requirement for postgressql to be installed in production. We are planning to use postgres for hadoop backend, to store user access info, metadata etc. So, it will not be high transaction db, but we might see lost of reads to this db.

the minimum requirements depend of use the your bds, you can start by 50GB y,  memory 2 Gb, for example

2. Can we use Vm's to run the Db? Is it recommended ?

Yes, they can use VM'S

Thanks in Advance!

--

Regards,