Re: [HACKERS] PostGIS Out-DB Raster Not Behaving As Expected - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Osahon Oduware
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGIS Out-DB Raster Not Behaving As Expected
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Robert,

Thanks, I have done so and the issue has been resolved.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Osahon Oduware <osahon.gis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I created an out-db raster using the following syntax:
>
> raster2pgsql -s {srid} -c -R -I -C -F -t auto {absolute_file_path}
> public.{table} | psql -h {host} -p {port} -d {database} -U {user}
>
> The table was created successfully. I wanted to confirm that the actual file
> is being read from the location in the filesystem by performing the
> following steps:
> 1) I moved the raster file to a different location.
> 2) I opened QGIS and attempted to load the raster from PostGIS table.
>
> I was surprised that QGIS could load the file. How is this possible when the
> actual raster data is not stored in the database table?

You probably want to post this to a PostGIS mailing list, rather than
a PostgreSQL mailing list, since this question is PostGIS-specific.
Probably, you want a list for user questions, rather than a list like
this one which is for development of the product itself.  I think this
may be the right one:

Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company