Re: pg_upgrade link mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AI Rumman
Subject Re: pg_upgrade link mode
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes Lonni. I agree with you.

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:

> [...]

I assume what he's referring to is if the upgrade gets partially
completed and fails for any reason, then you have a broken mess, with
no simple rollback path.  Since your database is only about 1GB in
size, it shouldn't take very long to run a base backup before doing
the upgrade.  You can send that backup over the network to a remote
system, so that you have a fallback solution if the upgrade fails.