Re: Postgresql upgrade from 8.4 to latest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AI Rumman
Subject Re: Postgresql upgrade from 8.4 to latest
Date
Re: Postgresql upgrade from 8.4 to latest  (Oleksii Kliukin <alexk@hintbits.com>)
Re: Postgresql upgrade from 8.4 to latest  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
But what I read, in-place upgrade has smaller outage, compared to dump/restore. But so many articles on having bugs afterwards.
Do you think it is a good idea to use pg_upgrade for critical database application?
Or any other tool should I consider? For example - slony?

Thanks for advice.
Regards.