Re: Where should I start for learn development - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AI Rumman
Subject Re: Where should I start for learn development
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks to all for all the good advice. I was thinking myself to work in any of the open source project and contribute there. As a database developer I think Postgresql is one of the best places for me where I may enjoy working and see the outcome.
If you ask about goal, I was thinking to work in a large project where the great hacker may be working for  parallel execution of a query. At present, I need it badly. I know I may achieve a bit of that using pgpool load balancer or grid sql. But it would be nice if we get it at core Postgresql.
Criag, you really tell a good point. At first I should start by writing simple C functions as extension and then for more.
Thanks to all again.