Re: Deadlock between backend and recovery may not be detected - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Victor Yegorov
Subject Re: Deadlock between backend and recovery may not be detected
Date
List pgsql-hackers
вт, 5 янв. 2021 г. в 07:26, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>:
This situation makes me feel that I'm inclined to skip the back-patch to v9.5.
Because the next minor version release is the final one for v9.5. So if we
unexpectedly introduce the bug to v9.5 by the back-patch, there is no
chance to fix that. OTOH, of course, if we don't do the back-patch, there is
no chance to fix the deadlock detection bug since the final minor version
for v9.5 doesn't include that bug fix. But I'm afraid that the back-patch
to v9.5 may give more risk than gain.

Thought?

Honestly, I was thinking that this will not be backpatched at all
and really am glad we're getting this fixed in the back branches as well.

Therefore I think it's fine to skip 9.5, though I
would've mentioned this in the commit message.

--
Victor Yegorov