Re: Amazon High I/O instances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sébastien Lorion
Subject Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Date
List pgsql-general
Vincent,

The original question can be summed up by "how is general performance of PostgreSQL on Amazon IOPS". I fail to understand why that would require me to explain the specifics of my application and/or my market. The only one asking for that information is you, while others have provided useful answers, for which I am very grateful.

p.s. My name is not "dude" or "seb", we have not raised the pigs together ...

Sébastien

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Le mercredi 22 août 2012 à 13:30 -0400, Sébastien Lorion a écrit :
> Vincent, I would appreciate that you stop assuming things based on
> zero information about what I am doing. I understand that you are
> trying to be helpful, but I can assure you that going bare-metal only
> does not make any sense in my context.

Dude,

I would appreciate you realize that approaching a newsgroup while
providing zero information about what you are doing (in your own words)
is not the best way to get relevant responses to your question.

Ignoring repeated requests for information does not help, castigating
people trying to help for not having said information at least shows a
certain consistency on your part.

Lest we ridicule ourselves publicly, I suggest we leave the discussion
at that and wish you luck in your endeavor.

Vincent Veyron