Re: Backup advice - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johann Spies
Subject Re: Backup advice
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks everybody for your valuable comments.

I can specify how many versions of the files should be kept on Tivoli.

The database will regularly get new data and there is a continuous process of data cleaning. It is a database mainly for research purposes and a few researchers are using it.

I will explore the options mentioned. After the first read it looks like continuing pg_dump is not a bad idea - maybe with some optimization (like using diff's).

Regards
Johann

On 9 April 2013 12:05, Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es> wrote:
On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 10:40:16 -0500
Shaun Thomas <sthomas@optionshouse.com> wrote:

> Anyone else?

If his db has low inserts/updates/deletes he can use diff between pg_dumps (with default -Fp) before compressing.

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>