Re: Picking the first of an order in an aggregate query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert James
Subject Re: Picking the first of an order in an aggregate query
Date
List pgsql-general
DISTINCT is a very simple solution!
But I have one problem: In addition to the FIRST fields, I also do
want some aggregate functions.  More accurately, it would be:

SELECT grouping_field, FIRST(field_a), FIRST(field_b), SUM(field_x),
MAX(field_y)

How should I do that? Should I do two queries with a join on the
grouping field? Or is there a more direct way?