Re: [HACKERS] Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Claudio Freire
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 5:02 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 7:35 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Michael Paquier (michael.paquier@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
> > They did apply at the time, but I think major work on vacuum was
> > pushed since then, and also I was traveling so out of reach.
> >
> > It may take some time to rebase them again. Should I move to needs
> > review myself after that?
>
> Sure, if you can get into this state, please feel free to update the
> status of the patch yourself.

We're now over a month since this status update- Claudio, for this to
have a chance during this commitfest to be included (which, personally,
I think would be great as it solves a pretty serious issue..), we really
need to have it be rebased and updated.  Once that's done, as Michael
says, please change the patch status back to 'Needs Review'.

Sorry, had tons of other stuff that took priority.

I'll get to rebase this patch now.

Huh. That was simpler than I thought.

Attached rebased versions.

Attachment