Re: [PERFORM] performance problem on big tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Claudio Freire
Subject Re: [PERFORM] performance problem on big tables
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Mariel Cherkassky
<mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, yes indeed I'm using laurenz`s oracle_fdw extension. I tried to run it
> but I'm getting error
>
> dbch=# ALTER FOREIGN TABLE tc_sub_rate_ver_prod OPTIONS ( SET prefetch 10240
> );
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "10240"
> LINE 1: ...N TABLE tc_sub_rate_ver_prod OPTIONS ( SET prefetch 10240 );
>

> dbch=#  alter foreign table tc_sub_rate_ver_prod OPTIONS (SET prefetch
> '10240');
> ERROR:  option "prefetch" not found

Oh, sorry, I hadn't seen this until I hit send.

Unless the documentation is inaccurate or you're using a really old
version (from the changelog that option is from 2016), that should
work.

I don't have enough experience with oracle_fdw to help there, most of
my dealings have been with postgres_fdw.