Re: Clock-skew management in logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From shihao zhong
Subject Re: Clock-skew management in logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Long-term, we should consider integrating with a distributed time
> service like AWS Time Sync Service. This ensures high accuracy and
> scalability for demanding applications.

> I think the pluggable access method should make > this possible, no?

I am sorry that I did not explain clearly in previous email. What do I mean is the pluggable time access method should provide the mechanism to use customized time service. But there is no out of box solution for customer who want to use customized time service. I am suggesting we provide some default implementation for popular used time service like AWS time sync service. Maybe that should be done outside of the mainstream but this is something provide better user experience

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team