Re: [HACKERS] Gather Merge - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rushabh Lathia
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Gather Merge
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Gather Merge  (Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På fredag 10. mars 2017 kl. 10:09:22, skrev Rushabh Lathia <rushabh.lathia@gmail.com>:

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
[...]
The execution-plan seems (unsurprisingly) to depend on data-distribution, so is there a way I can force a GatherMerge?

Not directly. GatherMerge cost is mainly depend on parallel_setup_cost,
parallel_tuple_cost and cpu_operator_cost. May be you can force this
by setting this cost low enough. Or another way to force is by disable the
other plans.

What plan you are getting now? You not seeing the below error ?

ERROR:  GatherMerge child's targetlist doesn't match GatherMerge

I'm seeing the same error, it's just that for reproducing it I'd rather not copy my whole dataset.

Can you share me a schema information, I will try to reproduce at my side?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh

--
Rushabh Lathia