Re: PATCH: pgAgent support - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: PATCH: pgAgent support
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Thanks. From the pgAgent patch:

- The date/time format is different again. Should be locale or ISO
(consistent across the app)
Using ISO now.

- I think we need to add hints under the less obvious options - e.g.
Job class and host agent
I added few string.
Will need your feedback on that.

- On the job step subnode control, lets move the Script to it's own
tab (called Code). We should alter the label based on the Kind option
- either "SQL query" or "Script"
Done

- Why can't we use the Date/time picker for Exceptions? I assume we
just need to either disable Date or Time selection?
Done.

I was avoiding to show date time picker for multiple reasons:
1. It needed a special effort to show datetime picker in the backgrid cell.
2. The datetime picker did not fit in the subnode control.

A special DatetimePickerCell was needed to be created the cell with datetime picker.
And, I had to specify the min-height in the exceptions tab as a hack.

- The SQL tab doesn't use the available space. See screenshot.
Fixed.

This was a general issue for the properties dialog having more than 550px.
We have hardcoded the height to 500px of CodeMirror in the SQL tab.

- The SQL should have blank lines between sections, e.g. before --
Steps and -- Schedules
Done.

Also - fixed an issue of setting the helpMessage in SwitchControl.

Again - attaching two patches.
1. Misc changes
- Setting the CodeMirror height when panel is resized, which you had mentioned.
- Added a new CellEditor (DatetimePickerEditor) for datetime picker.
2. pgAgent support (updated)

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment