Re: I: Installation faillure version 8.4.12 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: I: Installation faillure version 8.4.12
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Segato Luca <lsegato@prholding.it> wrote:

Dear All

We try to install, several times, postgres version 8.4.12, each installation was failed during the “post-install step ”

 displaying this error:  (install-postgresql.log)

Executing cscript //NoLogo "F:\postgressql/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "postgres" "postgres" "****" "F:\postgressql" "F:\postgressql\data" 5432 "DEFAULT"

Script exit code: 1

Script output:

 Errore CScript: Impossibile trovare l'interprete di script "VBScript" per lo script "F:\postgressql\installer\server\initcluster.vbs".

Script stderr:

 Program ended with an error exit code

Error running cscript //NoLogo "F:\postgressql/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "postgres" "postgres" "****" "F:\postgressql" "F:\postgressql\data" 5432 "DEFAULT" : Program ended with an error exit code

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly

 The database cluster initialisation failed.

We tried with  command: regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\vbscript.dll  but the problem was not solved

Could you suggest us , some solutions ?

Can you attach the installation logs?
And - also mention the operating system.
Can
--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA:
Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi

Best regards

Luca Segato

Dr. Luca Segato
R.E.A.C.H. Manager

Tel. +39 02 99442252
Fax. +30 02 99442265

lsegato@prholding.it
http://www.prholding.it

P&R HOLDING S.P.A.
HEADQUARTERS
Via Milano, 186
20024 Garbagnate Milanese (MI) - ITALY

DICHIARAZIONE DI RISERVATEZZA
Le informazioni contenute nella comunicazione che precede e negli eventuali allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate alla persona o all'ente indicati come destinatari.
La diffusione, copiatura e/o distribuzione del documento trasmesso da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario è proibita e potrà essere legalmente perseguita. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, Vi preghiamo di contattarci immediatamente e di distruggere la comunicazione e tutti gli eventuali allegati

CONFIDENTIAL STATEMENT
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or proprietary information that are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient only.The disclosure, copying, distribution or any other use of this e-mail by any other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately inform us then delete the e-mail and all enclosed attachments