Re: 9.5 make world failing due to sgml tools missing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Keith Fiske
Subject Re: 9.5 make world failing due to sgml tools missing
Date
Re: 9.5 make world failing due to sgml tools missing  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On 6/18/15 8:54 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sure; the point is that libxml2 has suddenly been reclassified as a
> documentation build tool, which is at least a surprising categorization.

libxml2 has been a required documentation build tool since PostgreSQL
9.0.  The only thing that's new is that xmllint is in a different
subpackage on some systems.  So just install that and you're all set for
the foreseeable future.

Well, something is different in 9.5. On this same system (Linux Mint 17.1) I can build all previous versions with "make world" and I do not get this error.