Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Shelver
Subject Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts?
Date
List pgsql-general
Everything is sent tot he cloud from the vehicle.  The trackers we currently run don't have the power to be able to do much.
There are a few vehicle devices we have access to (hub systems with a central computer / cpu / storage) which could handle a database, but in terms of our business requirements, everything is needed at the cloud / server level for analysis.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 at 08:28, Thorsten Schöning <tschoening@am-soft.de> wrote:
Guten Tag Tony Shelver,
am Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2020 um 16:33 schrieben Sie:

> Each vehicle reports position to the database at least every 30 seconds
> when moving, along with any other data as it happens.  So it's quite a bit.

> H2 seemed to handle it fine for a limited number of vehicles, but we moved
> it to PG once we moved to production.

But where does Postgres run in your setup? :-) On the tracked vehicle
itself with limited resources most likely or do you simply send things
over network to some cloud/server/...? Your first paragraph reads like
the former, but the second like the latter. :-)

If it's on the vehicle, I would be interested to somewhat know which
hardware you use, to compare what I have in mind. Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de