[pgsql-advocacy] Start TWPUG (Taiwan PostgreSQL User Group) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsung Hsi Lin
Subject [pgsql-advocacy] Start TWPUG (Taiwan PostgreSQL User Group)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi there,

We are preparing for a PostgreSQL User Group in Taiwan.
This is the website of TWPUG (https://pgsql-tw.github.io/).

Now we execute the 2 project for operating our community:
1. Document Maintaining : To translate documents of PostgreSQL 10  from English to Traditional Chinese.
2. Website Maintaining : To maintain/build the website, IRC and mailing list of TWPUG.

And next, we will start a study group on Friday (per 2 weeks) in Taipei and study the book: "PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance.".

Then, we will to gather some university professors (with their labs) to edit materials for teaching database course with PostgreSQL.

I hope more students and professors using PostgreSQL to change the current situation of using MS SQL in school. And then, get more PostgreSQL experience and users that might help some company in Taiwan to be brave in changing Oracle/MS SQL to PostgreSQL in the future.

So we hope we can register TWPUG in postgresql.org for gathering more people that love PostgreSQL in Taiwan.

Thank you.

Cheers,
linjose