Re: Slow query with big tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig James
Subject Re: Slow query with big tables
Date
List pgsql-performance

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 6:17 AM, Tommi K <t2nn2t@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
thanks for the response. I did not get the response to my email even though I am subscribed to the pgsql-performance mail list. Let's hope that I get the next one :)

Please include the email you are replying to when you respond. It saves everyone time if they don't have to dig up your old emails, and many of us discard old emails anyway and have no idea what you wrote before.

Craig

Increasing work_mem did not have great impact on the performance. But I will try to update the PostgreSQL version to see if it speeds up things.

However is there way to keep query time constant as the database size grows. Should I use partitioning or partial indexes?

Best Regards,
Tommi Kaksonen

--
Craig A. James